We recently introduced a new feature to Nosco App called the Idea Template. It lets administrators customise the template users complete when submitting ideas. The Idea Template helps you collect just the information you need and it guides users to describe their ideas with the right information.
A client of ours recently ran an idea campaign regarding new product ideas. They customised their idea template by:
- inserting a short text field to be used as the Title
- inserting a text box to be used as the Description
- inserting radio buttons for participants to specify whether the idea is radical or incremental
- inserting a dropdown menu so participants could specify the most suitable market
- using checkboxes for info about which departments should be involved in the development process
- adding a numeric field for an estimate of the sales potential
- adding a field for file upload of additional material such as videos and photos
- adding a “user” field where the author can add co-authors
Filter ideas and get analytics
You can filter ideas and run analytics on any option you specify. In the example above, our client could easily extract a list containing all radical product ideas that are suitable for the Spanish market with a market potential of USD 2,000,000 and will involve R&D and Marketing for product development. A few clicks and you have a print-ready list with ideas exactly meeting any set of criteria.
Also you can get analytics on ideas and user activity based on the options specified, for example, the number of ideas by market, the distribution of radical vs. incremental ideas, the value of ideas and much more.
However, don’t ask participants for too many details. There is thin line between guiding participants with well-chosen fields and asking for so much that it scares everybody away. For the same reason, the administrator can specify whether a field is mandatory or not.
In summary, an Idea Template lets you
- Get better and more relevant ideas by guiding participants
- Collect the right information to evaluate ideas better
- Easily manage many ideas through advanced filtering and analytics